Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Joel

I'm in Utah right now, somewhere near the Nevada border in a Super 8 off I-70.

I just wanted to mention that I did NOT go through with the Billy Joel experiment ($400 in gas money if I listened to "Movin' Out" 491 times in a row). Not that I didn't want to do it, but I just ran out of time to work it out. It's probably just as well though. It could of got dangerous, as conveyed in the following list:

"Moments While Driving When the Addition of Billy Joel Would Have Most Certainly Killed Me"

-Coasting down 3 mile hills at high speeds in Denver.

-Driving in Chicago with only five inches of back window visibility after getting into a screaming argument with an elderly Jewish woman and a Bakery Supply truck driver.

-Flash floods on windy roads in the darkness in Utah.

Hearing about Officer Leary trading in his Chevy for a Cadillac ack ack ack, at any one of those moments... and I wouldn't be alive right now.

No comments: